The Pursuit of Enhancement Podcast Episode 5
Welcome to Episode 5 of The Pursuit of Enhancement Podcast.
My name is Peter Ledwidge and I am your host.
Each week I sit down to talk in-depth with guests that push the boundaries of conventional living, driven by the singular pursuit of being on an unrelenting quest to continually expand the horizons of their body, mind and spirit.
The aim is to learn more about them and from them; their story, the work they are doing, the highs, the lows, the triumphs, the heartaches and everything in between.
The hope is that these conversations might spark something within you that gives you cause for self-reflection, inspires you to embark on your own journey of self-discovery or gives you the courage to take a chance and go after your goals.
Moments of Meaning
This week I’m joined by Ed Wischer, founder of Moments of Meaning.
Moments of Meaning features interviews with individuals about the most pivotal moments in their life that taught them the values we believe to be integral to a life of meaning, purpose and happiness
Moments of meaning was conceived by Ed when he had reached a point in his life where he found himself searching for what happiness is, what is meaning and what is purpose.
He 2016, while travelling overseas with his long term girlfriend at the time, the person who he had intended to one day marry, the 3 most traumatic events of his life occurred in a period of just 4 days. The 3 biggest pillars of support in his life were suddenly taken from him in an instant.
He was left feeling lost and destitute. When he returned to Australia he had to reevaluate his whole life. He found himself disillusioned by the definition by the definition of happiness that is portrayed to us or that we are led to believe will bring happiness. He went on a journey to find out from others what is was that brought them happiness and found that it came not from materialism but from finding meaning and purpose.
He documented his conversations and now posts them on his instagram and Youtube accounts for you to discover and explore for yourself.
Through this journey he has come to discover immense satisfaction, it has given him purpose again and found meaning to his life again. Ed has now committed to continue with this project of having conversations of meaning with individuals of all walks of life so that we can better understand each other, share our similarities, recognise and respect our differences and move forward in a more cohesive, communicative and connected way.
In Today’s Episode
In our conversation we discuss;
- those 3 major events that occurred, how he moved on, recovered and reshaped his life afterwards, and the origins of Moments of Meaning
- Communication & relationships; having a small circle but a close circle
- Listening in a non-judgmental way, active listening without intent to reply
- self-reflection and vulnerability
- Authenticity, honesty, integrity and being honest with yourself
- Entrepreneurship and self-development; making incremental improvements, how to find time for your passion project, patience, perseverance, the wondrous opportunities that this digital age can provide and the paradigm shift in relation to work and making a living
- Purpose and meaning; having no regrets at the end of the day or when your time is up
- commonality in our differences; taking time to understand other prespectives so that we can have a better understanding of ourselves and those around us.
Connect with Ed
Via his website www.moments-of-meaning.com
So that’s it for episode 5 I hope you got something out of it.
As ever let me know in the comments your thoughts and take aways.
I am so so grateful to everyone that tuned in today. There and so many things you could be doing with your time so that fact that you choose to give it to me is such an honour. Thank you.
Be sure to follow or subscribe to your favourite source so you can keep up to date with future episodes, share it with your friends in person or on social media.
If you’d like to support the show you can do so on PATREON.
I’m Peter Ledwidge, this is the Pursuit of Enhancement podcast and I will catch you next week for episode 6.
In the mean time remember to
And smile often.
If you want to connect with me further you can find me on twitter, facebook and instagram via the icon links below.